Inconel 600 with High Temperature Resistance
NICKEL AND NICKEL ALLOYS
Nickel is a versatile, highly corrosion resistant element that will alloy with most metals. Due to its corrosion resistance, nickel is used to maintain product purity in the processing of foods and synthetic fibers. It is highly resistant to various reducing chemicals and is unexcelled in resistance to caustic alkalies. In addition, nickel has good thermal, electrical and magnetostrictive properties. Relatively high thermal conductivity of this metal has lead to its frequent use for heat exchangers
Commercially pure or low-alloy nickel may contain very small amounts of alloying elements to absolutely none. By contrast nickel alloys contain significant amounts of added elements. Nickel and nickel alloys are both non-ferrous metals that are useful in a range of applications, most of which involve corrosion resistance and/or heat resistance.
YUANFANG supplies in the form of plate, sheet, strip, bar, wire, pipe, tube, pipe fittings, and flanges.
In what applications is Nickel used?
- Chemical and petrochemical processing
- Processing equipment for maintaining product purity in handling foods, synthetic fibers and alkalies.
What are the Characteristics of Nickel?
- Corrosion resistance
- High Electrical Conductivity
- High temperature resistance
Nickel Alloy alternatives to trademark “brand” names.
- Alloy C276 alternative to Hastelloy C-276 and Hastelloy C
- Alloy A-286 alternative to Incoloy A-286
- Alloy B-2 alternative to Hastelloy B-2
- Alloy C-22 alternative to Hastelloy C-22
- Alloy X alternative to Hastelloy X and Inconel HX
- Alloy 20 alternative to Carpenter 20 and Incoloy 20
- Alloy718 alternative to Inconel 718
- Alloy 800 alternative to Incoloy 800
- Alloy 800H/HT alternative to Incoloy 800H/HT
- Alloy 400 alternative to Monel 400
- Alloy K-500 alternative to Monel K-500
- Alloy 625 alternative to Inconel 625
- Alloy 600 alternative to Inconel 600
- Alloy 601 alternative to Inconel 601
INCONEL® ALLOY 600
UNS Number N06600
Other common names: Alloy 600
Inconel 600 is a nickel-chromium alloy used for applications that require corrosion and high temperature resistance. This nickel alloy was designed for service temperatures from cryogenic to elevated temperatures in the range of 2000° F. It is non-magnetic, has excellent mechanical properties, and presents the desirable combination of high strength and good weldability under a wide range of temperatures. The high nickel content in Inconel 600 enables it to retain considerable resistance under reducing conditions, makes it resistant to corrosion by a number of organic and inorganic compounds, gives it excellent resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking and also provides excellent resistance to alkaline solutions. Typical applications of this nickel alloy include the chemical, pulp and paper, aerospace, nuclear engineering and heat treating industries.
- In what form is Inconel 600 Available at YUANFANG
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
What are the characteristics of Inconel 600?
- Resistant to a wide range of corrosive media.
- Virtually immune to chlorine ion stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High strength and good weldability under a wide range of temperatures
Chemical Composition, %
Ni + Co Cr Fe C Mn S Si Cu 72.0 min 14.0-17.0 6.0-10.0 .15 max 1.00 max .015 max .50 max .50 max
In what applications is Inconel 600 used?
- Chemical industry
- Heat treating industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Food processing
- Nuclear Engineering
- Gas turbine components
Fabrication with Inconel 600
Alloy 600 can be both hot formed and cold formed using typical processes. Hot working should be performed between 1600° F and 2250° F avoiding any work between1200-1600° F because the ductility decreases in this temperature range. Welding Alloy 600 can be achieved via shielded metal-arc welding, TIG, and MIG.
Pipe Smls Pipe Welded Tube Smls Tube Welded Sheet/Plate Bar Forging Fitting Wire B167 B517 B163 B516 B168 B166 B564 B366
Typical room temperature Tensile Properties of Annealed Material
Product Form Condition Tensile (ksi) .2% Yield (ksi) Elongation (%) Hardness (HRB) Rod & Bar Cold-Drawn 80-100 25-50 35-55 65-85 Rod & Bar Hot-Finished 80-100 30-50 35-55 65-85 Tube & Pipe Hot-Finished 75-100 25-50 35*55 - Tube & Pipe Cold-Drawn 80-100 25-50 35-55 88 Max Plate Hot-Rolled 80-105 30-50 35-55 65-85 Sheet Cold-Drawn 80-100 30-45 35-55 88 Max